Saturday, February 14, 2009

Photohunt: Nautical (And diet that's good for the heart)



These photos are not exactly "nautical" in the truest sense, but they belong in the nave of the sea nonetheless. So allow me to present, seafoods!

A diet rich in fish is one of the most healthiest diet one can take on for the heart. Coupled with a diet abundant in fruits and vegetables, and a daily dose of exercise will keep you not only looking young but feeling young as well. They are rich in Omega-3 and low in saturated fat. What more can you ask for? Boneless fish I suppose hehe...

Contrary to popular belief, shellfish is good too! While they may not have the same amount of Omega 3 as the fishes do, that's primarily because of size. Not only that, they're a rich source of calcium too! So be kind to your heart, eat seafoods! :)


Happy Hearts Day to all!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm! LOVE seafood....

Now, I'm hungry!

Mine is up

Digital Polaroids said...

I also LOVE seafood, and that fresh is impossible where I live... North Argentina.

Ladykli said...

I LOVE seafood as well... When do we eat? LOL!

My nautical photo is postedhere is up.

Brita said...

Great choise for the theme. Love seafood too...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment!...

And, again.... Mmmmmmm.... Now I am hungry for chowder (or sushi...).

philos said...

@Mudhooks: Glad you love seafood hehe

@Digital Polaroids: Really? Why is it impossible? I've never been to N. Argentina or any part of S. America for that matter so I wouldn't know hehe

@Ladykli: Hehe... ate all of it up!

@Brita: Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks to e a thriving industry - more than can be said for here where EU regulations have stiffled the local fishery.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

YUM!! How I love fish. Hardly eat, though, as it is expensive out here away from the ocean.

I did Photo Hunters today, too. http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-nautical/

Hope you get a chance to visit. Happy weekend!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Oh hey, I see you DID visit my Photo Hunters already! :D Thanks a lot! Yes, I wish the tug had not been roped off. I love exploring boats. Thanks again. Hae a great weekend!

YTSL said...

Hahahaha, and I thought I was stretching in terms of my photo selection for this week's theme! But thanks for the info - most informative! :)

Anonymous said...

me luurvess seafood and im hungry now :S

Anonymous said...

OMG! Seafood!! <3 I might do photohunt this week, *crosses fingers*

kaycee said...

Hi Philos! A very belated valentine's day to you! Ang sarap naman ng mga food sa post mo.... as I love my seafood. One of the things that I enjoyed most nung umuwi ako last December :)

Anonymous said...

i love, love seafood! it's the one alternative i can eat apart from meat! it's interesting though to post about sea food on heart's day! LOL! is it a fishy theme this year? LOL! i just realized how much i missed going to your site philos. LOL. and thank you for your greetings. yey!

Lizz said...

Agh, now I want seafood. That tempura looks fantastic!